So this past week I went to the cannery and canned jam. I was utterly astonished at the amazing facility we have right in our town. I cried as I watched 40 of us all working together to help each other. One of the workers said, "These are hard times and we're going to have to work together and help each other if we want to make it. " 8 cases of jam later... I was so proud!! And as an extra bonus, I got to buy some pears too. I had signed up to can pears the same week as my marathon. It was an 8 hour shift and I just couldn't find the babysitters to cover 8 hours so I called and cancelled but I really wanted the pears!! Well, when there is an overage, they let cannery workers buy the extra, so I got 5 cases of pears too!! Whoopee!! In case you can't tell, I am on a major food supply kick-- the prophet has been telling us to do it, so join me!! Then, when all the food runs out in the grocery stores, we can share our disgusting food supply recipes together!!
15+ Fresh Peach Recipes
2 days ago
3 comments:
I have food storage on the brain!! I buy at least 2 gallons of water each time I go to the store. (sometimes up to 5) I'm running out of places to store them! But when times are bad, we are set up to eat soup and drink water for months!
robyn, let me know when you sign up again, i will go with you.. i have some jam too- it is the yummiest! good job on doing food storage- i bet the pears are delicious.
ROBYN!! Hey, it's Britt! It's so fun to see your cute family. You look as good as ever. I hope you don't mind me checking in on your blog every once in a while. Cutest kids!
Post a Comment