So we made a homemade gingerbread house and let me just say that it is a lot harder than it looks!! First of all, frosting is NOT a good adhesive for graham crackers. Second, how in the heck is the roof supposed to stay on?? Third, do we get bonus points for having a flat Chex roof?? Although the night started with the roof caving in numerous times, and a few sprinkled swear words, we finally opted for the flat roof and then the fun began!! The kids and I had a BLAST decorating our gingerbread house!! Basically, the more candy you can throw on there the better!!! We were glad that Daddy wasn't home, Mr. Perfectionist, or you can bet that gingerbread house would be perfectly designed, perfectly symmetrical, and would have an amazing roof. Our house may not have been perfect, but it was ours, and we loved it!!! The best part is that Wyatt kept eating off the old, stale candy days after we made it. He's just not that picky when it comes to sweets!! My apologies to you Mr. Gingerbread Man.
15+ Fresh Peach Recipes
2 days ago
1 comments:
Ha ha...I love it. The house looked yummy.
I agree, frosting is not the best adhesive for graham crackers. I use burnt sugar (just melt sugar in a frying pan) and pre-assemble the houses for my kids.
Post a Comment