Monday, July 7, 2008

Campin' It Up!

TREE SWINGS RULE!


HORSESHOE TOURNAMENT WITH MY MAN AND BIG DOUG WINNING!




WE CALL THEM THE BEASTIE BOYS! (I KNOW THEY LOOK SWEET, BUT DO NOT BE FOOLED!)

What better way to spend the 4th of July than to be camping and not showering.... a dream come true. We arrived Thursday afternoon and ate at the legendary "diner". A delicious salad followed by some fresh bakery cookies. Yum! Then we ended the night just right by playing Uno and roasting smores. Friday we just hung out after a big breakfast and waited for the Sonju troops to arrive. The rest of the weekend was filled with kids playing, eating, horseshoes, eating, tree swinging (we can do it too Kristin!), and yet more eating. Chris fell out of the hammock, making it even better! Actually he didn't fall out, the hammock fell out of the tree! Brock had a blast playing with all the cousins but was so relieved when his favorite cousin Hudson finally arrived. I was juggling my family and my in-laws but it ended up being an amazing trip!!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Did you have to make it sound so fun? For my sake you could have said it was a rotten trip, be a little more thoughtful next time-

Lauralee said...

looks like a great time! your kids are so cute!

Hayley Winslow said...

What camp site were you at? Just wondering because it looked great. I love extended family camping. Oh the good times and memories. And yes, we have to get together. My little squishy is getting bigger and is already favoring the mamma. Anywho, I'll call you this week- promise.

Amy M. said...

Robyn,
I had the best time ever! The kids will not stop talking about it, and Yale even gave it thumbs up. I would consider this trip a major success.

Kristin said...

How fun! I think camping trips make the best memories. I totally forgot mallmadness. I remember watching arachnophia and eating rhubarb (because your mom made me) What funny memories.

Anonymous said...

k, this looks like so much fun. how great is your family? i seriously need to come visit you. even if its a quick trip!! k - i'll be in touch.

Angie said...

I love the picture of you roasting marshmallows! You are always so fun! Tell your mom and dad hi for me. I love your family!