Thursday, April 5, 2012

Friends for Life

So Will and Nelsa our favorite friends from the good ol' college days at Eastern Washington came to visit us this week! Now let me just say Chris and Will were two peas in a pod and me and Nelsa were like twins switched at birth. I LOVE THESE PEOPLE! We were thrilled to hear that they were coming. Will is heading to Afghanistan for a year and they wanted to live it up one last time in St. George! They have 4 kids which I adore and my kids fell in love with them. Paige and Syd were bestest buds and Brock and Evie were inseparable! We went out to eat, went to Jumpin Jacks, shopped, ran, basically it was pure heaven being around her for 4 whole days. Then we made the fatal mistake of going camping. The first day was HEAVEN, the kids played, we relaxed, hiked, ate, talked. That night around 3am... two words... barf and diarrhea. In large doses I might add. Poor Nelsa's son and daughter got soooooo sick. I took the healthy kids and just tried to get out of the way!! Chris and I took the kids swimming while Nelsa did laundry and the kids were running on fumes by then. Luckily around 6pm all the yuck had cleared out and we managed to get in a good 2 hours of talking and laughing and eating ice-cream. I am running the Ragnar with Nelsa this summer and can't wait. 190 miles with my bestie and sister... love it! (oh and by the way, yes my baby is wearing footie pajamas and tennis shoes. Classy I know.)












2 comments:

Amanda said...

That is SO AWESOME. So glad you guys got to visit. Sorry to hear about the sickness, but glad that it passed quickly and you guys were able to enjoy the rest of your visit.

The Sumsions said...

We had so much fun! We just love you guys! Thanks for opening your house to me and my crazies!! Can't wait until July