Sunday, June 22, 2008

Plantin' Seeds baby!




So we planted a small garden this year of strawberries, squash, and tomaotes and it has been so much fun!! (especially for Brock!) He loves to run out every morning and see what is ready to be picked. He eats the strawberries instantly and loves to pull off the red (and green) tomatoes. We even tried to grow watermelons and for a while, they looked to be dead. So I covered the holes back in with dirt and didn't think about it again. A few weeks ago, I noticed a giant weed growing where the watermelons were, so I sprayed it to death with Round Up weed killer. It turns out that the giant weed was really the watermelons finally growing. Oops!

3 comments:

Hayley Winslow said...

Very nice. You'll have to tell me how to do it. Our peach tree is in distress and who knows what the grapes will trun out like. You've got the green thumb!

Amy M. said...

O.K. I am on the waiting list for your squash. Thanks for coming over today. It was so fun to have Brock over. Hudson has missed him so much. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh it is Robyn Sonju! I heard you linked to Kristin's blog. How fun. You look great and have adorable children. You have to tell you mom and dad HI! I think about them all the time. I need a trip to St. George to see all of you. SMALL WORLD!
Linda Turner ( Big T's wife)